Leaders in Open Space Site Development – Edmonton / Ft. McMurray / Okanagan
Wilco Contractors Northwest Inc. is one of four individually owned and operated companies which comprise the Wilco Group of Companies established over the last three decades.
Services in project management and construction of parks, sport facilities, as well as environmental, landscape and civil works make Wilco a leader in delivering complex projects to its clients.
- outdoor sports facility development
- construction contract management
- rough grading and earthmoving
- detailed fine grading to IAAF tolerances
- streetscape development
- civil site works
- turf establishment and erosion control
- all aspects of landscape construction and maintenance
Our pro-active and hands on involvement with every project complimented by similar involvement in the industry as a whole, has proven we are truly; “Leaders in Open Space Site Development”.
Our Rich History
Our rich history and broad base of projects has enabled Wilco to build a depth of experience and knowledge in a vast array of project types, materials and construction methodologies that are particular to various regions and climates found across Western Canada.
- Sophisticated Estimating Techniques
- Experienced On-Site Supervision
- Advance Technologies in Project and Field Operations
As diverse as its projects are, so too are the communities in which Wilco has established itself. Since its humble beginnings in 1952 in Thunder Bay, Ontario (known then as Wills Nursery), The Wilco Group of Companies has evolved as an experienced, proven and innovative leader in open space site development.
Wilco continues to remain unchanged in its commitment to a hands on quality, service and team approach in the implementation of site development projects of any size and complexity.
Wilco has a sense of responsibility to the environment in every project we complete.
Wilco is strongly committed to the proper safeguard of our environment, our people, and the public. We incorporate this conscientious thought to all functions of business from purchasing equipment and products to the care, use, and storage of our products and equipment.
Waste Management and Environmental Statement
Wilco complies with all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal legislation as well as the specific requirements of our clients. All employees are equally responsible for the environment and workers are kept informed on how to do their job in such a manner to cause minimum environmental harm and waste of materials. Where possible we recycle products and promote the use of recycled products. We subscribe to a constant and never ending progression of our program.
What clients are saying about us
- “Over our 10 year practice, we’ve worked with many landscape contractors in Alberta and other provinces across the prairies. Some have been good, some could have been better. Wilco, without exception, has always performed to a high level. They have great staff with knowledge, experience, and insight. As a team, they know what it takes to get a project completed in a professional manner, and have always provided us with insight and suggestions that do not compromise the design intent or quality of construction. That is incredibly rare for a contractor. They provide good value for the money. Hire them. You will not regret it.”Rick Gendron AALA, CSLA - Landscape Architect + Principal 818 studio ltd.
- "Earthscape Consultants first worked with Wilco on a sportsfield project in Beaumont in the early 1980’s. Earthscape has continued working with Wilco constructing projects throughout Alberta that have been designed, tendered and reviewed during construction by our firm. Some projects have been multi-million dollar undertakings while others have been much smaller. We have enjoyed a very respectful approach by all of their site superintendents and project managers. Wilco knows how to keep projects on schedule and they respond well to difficult and unforeseen site conditions. They get construction completed to 100% and provide a high quality of warranty and maintenance through to final project acceptance. Wilco staff also make themselves available during design to review constructibility and potential construction cost savings."Michael D. Evans AALA, CSLAEarthscape Consultants
- “By my estimation, ISL and Wilco have been working together to develop important community open space infrastructure for over 20 years. During that time, we have maintained and benefited from a positive working relationship built on a mutual respect for the others knowledge and expertise, and a shared desire to have all projects exceed our client’s and the users expectations. ISL has always benefited from Wilco’s willingness to provide assistance during the design stages of a project (prior to any contract award), in helping us to better understand potential issues related to constructability, operations, materials, budget and innovation. Wilco’s willingness to be an early partner on projects is one of the key reasons that we always viewed them as the preferred landscape contractor for large scale, complex projects in Edmonton and northern Alberta. Wilco’s broad base of experience in the construction of parks, sports fields, trails, public spaces, green infrastructure and site development is second to none, and they have the skilled staff, expertise and equipment to meet any project scope or challenge. ISL would willingly recommend Wilco to any public or private agency looking for a capable and responsible landscape contractor.”Randy Heaps, CSLA LEED APISL Engineering and Land Services
Some of Our Clients
Wilco has been an affiliate member and a proud sponsor of the The Alberta Association of Landscape Architects since spring 2007 with numerous Wilco employees active members of the Association for over 10 years.
Proud member of Landscape Alberta Nursery Trades Association for over 15 years and a sponsor to numerous functions & conferences over those years including primary sponsor for Lanta’s Growers Auction.